Hello, and welcome back to the blog!
Last week, we introduced you to some of the fantastic fellowship and scholarship opportunities at UCLA Anderson, with a focus on The Consortium. For this week, we wanted to continue to share more fellowship opportunities.
This one is specifically for women who are interested in attending business school.
Sound like you?
Then read on as we introduce you to the Forté Foundation!
Forté Foundation is a non-profit consortium comprised of leading companies and top business schools who are working together to help launch women into fulfilling careers through access to business education, opportunities, and a community of successful women.
Forté achieves these goals by:
- Motivating young women to prepare for a business career
- Increasing women’s access to education and business networks
- Educating women on the value of an MBA
- Supporting women financially in their advanced business education through the Forté Fellows Program
- Raising awareness of the impact women can make on business and on society, culture, environment, and the economy
- Encouraging and supporting cutting-edge research on relevant topics
Although the Forté Foundation works with students in all stages of the MBA process, we wanted to focus specifically on the Forté Fellows Program.
Forté Fellows Program
This program was designed to increase the number of women applying to and enrolling in MBA programs by offering fellowships to women who are pursuing full-time, part-time, or executive MBA programs at one of Forté’s participating schools.
Each school grants awards to full-time students, and part-time and executive awards are available at select schools only.
So what else can Forté provide outside of funding? Once chosen as a Forté Fellow, you will gain immediate exposure to leading companies that are a part of Forté’s network, as well as a peer network of other fellows.
Other opportunities include:
- Participation in Forté’s MBA Women Leadership Conference as well as the Financial Services FAST Track Conference which includes networking opportunities with lead executives and with MBA students from sponsor schools, along with panel discussions and workshops that foster professional and personal development
- Exclusive access to Forté Connect, the online networking community for Forté Fellows
- Inclusion in the Forté Fellow resume book, which is distributed each fall to Forté sponsor companies
- Exclusive access to the Forté Corporate Recruiter list
- Special invitations for job-openings and leadership programs at Forté sponsor companies
- Access to Forté Fellow LinkedIn group and Facebook groups
- Free lifetime Premium Access Pass to Forté
- Mentoring and special opportunities to connect with other Fellows and Forté representatives at your school
- Leadership development opportunities via your role in planning your school’s Forté outreach program to undergraduate women
- And a lifelong connection with the Forté Foundation community
Have we caught your attention yet?
All schools will decide individually who will represent them as Forté Fellows, and students must apply to each school they wish to be considered for. Once offered admission, the student will then be placed under consideration for the Forté Fellows Program.
- Candidates should exhibit exemplary leadership in one or more ways: academic leadership, team leadership, community leadership, and creative leadership.
- Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to women and girls via personal mentorship or community involvement.
- Schools are encouraged to nominate fellows from their schools who represent diverse educational and work backgrounds, career goals, ethnicities and citizenships. (Note: Students of all nationalities will be considered)
Forté Fellow Profile: Class of 2019
- U.S. Citizen and Permanent Residents: 70%
- Other Countries: 30%
- Average GMAT: 703
- Average GPA: 3.50
- Average Years Work Experience: 5.04
- White (Non-Hispanic): 55%
- Asian, Pacific Islander: 15%
- Black, African American: 9%
- Multiracial or Multiethnic: 4%
- Other: 1%
- Undergraduate Major:
- Business: 25%
- Economics: 13%
- Engineering: 15%
- Humanities/Social Science: 26%
- Information Systems/Computer Science: 2%
- Mathematics/Physical Science: 6%
- Other: 13%
Because of all of the incredible benefits, we highly encourage all women who are thinking about business school to apply to Forté Foundation schools!
If you’re ready to get started on your applications, click here to schedule your free 90-minute Breakthrough Call and speak with our team today!