Position: Community Manager
Function: Social Media Marketing & Community Management
Schedule: 10 to 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We can be flexible on whether that’s days or nights. However, if you are only available on weekends, this role is not a good fit. We can determine a consistent, mutually beneficial schedule together.
Pay: $25 per hour paid on the 15th and 30th of the month
Experience level: All experience levels (including entry level) are welcome to apply.
Application Process and Timeline
The hiring process will happen on a rolling basis, so the sooner you apply the better. The dates listed below are when various hiring events will happen. We respect and appreciate your interest in joining our team. You will hear from us whether you are moving on to the next hiring round or not by the deadlines listed below.
Deadline to apply:
Monday, October 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM CST
If you are excited about…
- moderating comments on social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter)
- responding to direct messages sent on social media accounts
- collaborate with our graphic designer to produce creative text and image content for social media accounts
- monitoring and reporting on feedback and online reviews
- coordinating with the team to ensure brand consistency
- building relationships with clients and potential clients through social media and our free Facebook group
- moderating our free Facebook group with 3000+ members such as approving member requests, posting engaging posts on a schedule, and responding to member comments
- serving as the leader for the beta group on the platform Mighty Networks to help us transition our free 3000+ member community from Facebook to this platform
- working in a fun, collaborative, diverse team
- receiving guidance and mentorship from a successful Harvard Business School & Harvard Kennedy School-educated Black woman entrepreneur who will care deeply about your success…
- working with coworkers who you learn from and love to hang out with virtually
…then this position might be for you!
About Our Clients
Our clients are from all over the world and represent a myriad of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. As the Community Manager, you would be part of a diverse team and advancing our mission of helping the world’s emerging leaders get into their dream schools.
Most of our clients have overcome the challenges of being a member of a marginalized group such as being LGBTQ, BIPOC, and/or first-generation. Many of our clients have diagnoses that lead to learning differences such as ADHD and dyslexia.
What all our clients have in common is a burning desire to make their communities and the larger world a better place.
You can hear directly from our clients how we have helped them by watching many of the videos or reading the client case studies on our blog.
About Our Founder & CEO
Hey there! I’m Kaneisha Grayson, and I’m the founder and CEO of The Art of Applying®. I’m a 2006 graduate of Pomona College, and a 2010 graduate of Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School.
I grew up in a low-income, high-crime neighborhood in Austin, Texas. My parents grew up as migrant farmworkers in Florida, and they were first-generation college graduates. I am a first-generation professional (meaning first generation in my family to go to graduate school) and I plan to be a first-generation multimillionaire.
I started The Art of Applying in my Harvard apartment in 2010. It’s since grown from just me and a laptop to a purposeful, profitable, and process-driven thriving business.
My team and I help high-achieving students and professionals from around the world apply to the world’s top graduate schools to study business, public policy, law, urban planning, public health, education, and design.
Apply to join our team if you have these qualities:
- You are available to work about 10-15 hours per week. This is not currently a full-time role. We can work on a schedule together.
- You love social media. You enjoy engaging with people on Facebook, Instagram, and making people feel welcome.
- You value education. You don’t need fancy degrees for this position, but you cannot be a person who thinks that college or grad school is a waste of time.
- You are a positive person. You know how to find the good in challenging situations.
- You have a resourceful, “can do” attitude. You are solution-oriented and a self starter.
- You like engaging with people. You know how to connect and communicate with people you cannot see face-to-face. This is a position where you will be responding to messages and comments often.
- You like people. You do not have to be an extrovert for this position, but you must like helping and connecting with people on a 1-on-1 basis.
- You are a person who follows through on your commitments. You don’t jump ship or give up when things get hard.
- You are detail-oriented and methodical. Each person who contacts us will be with a different person with their own particular story, triumphs, and challenges, but there will be a standard of communication that you must stick to for each correspondence.
- You have consistent access to reliable internet and a quiet place to work. Our team is remote, so you’ll need your own laptop and reliable internet connection.
How to apply:
- Read the Position Statement for the Community Manager position: Position Statement: Community Manager
- Complete the application form below.
Community Manager application:
Deadline: Monday, October 5, 2020 5:00 PM CST
Community Manager Application
After reading the entire description above, email us at email@example.com with any questions, and we’d be happy to answer them.
KDG Ventures LLC dba The Art of Applying is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, disability, medical condition, AIDS/HIV, age, genetic information, marital status, family status, political activities or affiliation, military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking.