Join a diverse team led by a Woman Entrepreneur Helping Make People’s Dreams Come True
How would you like to be with a company that helps people get into their dream graduate schools with scholarship funding that is at the very beginning of a significant growth phase?
A company that is willing and able to teach you everything you need to know to succeed?
A company that is more concerned about who you are as a person than about your job history or your experience?
A company that wants to give you the training and the opportunity you’ve been looking for?
A company that has twice-yearly all expenses paid company retreats? Our last retreat was in Austin, Texas in January 2018 and included beating a difficult Escape Game, touring the city, one-hour massages, and eating the world’s best BBQ. Our next retreat is in Austin again in November 2018.
With hard work and a willingness to learn, you will have the opportunity to build your skills, contribute to an amazing mission, and have fun with like-minded people.
The Art of Applying is a fast-growing education company that helps people from all over the world get admitted to their dream graduate schools with funding to pay for it.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, reliable self-starter with excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn user-friendly technology such as WordPress, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Basecamp, and Zoom to join our diverse, international team as the Executive Assistant to the Founder & CEO.
Learn more about The Art of Applying:
Examples of job duties:
- help create the schedule and then serve as the logistics point person for the November team retreat in Austin
- handle personal errands for the CEO such as picking up dry cleaning, returning purchases, and coordinating logistics with housecleaners, grocery delivery, and TaskRabbits
- schedule professional and personal meetings for the CEO
- go through past company emails and client records to create a directory of all of our past clients
- reach out to people via LinkedIn to see if they are interested in serving as consultants on our team
- work with our Customer Service Associate to create an FAQ library of responses to common questions clients ask their consultants, and then keep the FAQ library updated
- upload monthly company bank statements to Bench (company that does our bookkeeping)
- use a software called Gusto to process payroll for all U.S. company employees and a software called Go Global to process payroll for Canadian employees
- participate in the creation of the company handbook/playbook outlining company policies, norms, and procedures
Who we aren’t looking for:
- people afraid of technology or who are proud to be “not computer savvy”
- people interested in a remote role so they can travel several months out of the year
- people who want to start their own business or build their own brand
Position: Executive Assistant to the Founder & CEO of The Art of Applying
Compensation: $34,000 per year + benefits (see below)
Work hours: Full Time: 9 am – 6 pm Central Time with an unpaid one-hour lunch.
Please note that working part-time or working nights and weekends only is not an option.
Location: 50% remote / 50% Downtown Austin (up to $200/mo parking reimbursement provided)
Deadline to apply: Monday, October 1, 2018 at 12 pm noon Central Time (will put applications that come in after that time on a waiting list)
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, October 15, 2018 (or two weeks after your final interview)
- major U.S. holidays are paid vacation (eligible immediately)
- 10 days of paid vacation (eligible after 6 full months of employment; does not roll over)
- United Healthcare health insurance with 75% of premium paid by The Art of Applying (eligible after first full month of employment. e.g. November 1, 2018)
- 401(k) with 4% match from The Art of Applying (eligible after 3 full months of employment)
- twice-yearly all expenses paid team retreats
If you like what you’ve read and are excited to join us at The Art of Applying, submit your application below:
Deadline to apply: Monday October 1, 2018 at 12 pm noon Central Time