Why we’re proud to sponsor this resource for BIPOC young professionals seeking career confidence, fulfillment, and wellness.
We’re incredibly proud to announce the launch of The Early Career Moves Podcast from our very own Consultant Priscilla Esquivel Weninger! Her new podcast is for young professionals who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color) seeking guidance and relevant advice as they craft their early career paths.
Introducing The Early Career Moves Podcast
According to Priscilla, “The purpose of the show is to uncover a diverse set of career paths and showcase real people’s successes and lessons learned in a variety of fields. My goal is to help more young BIPOC craft intentional early career strategies that will propel them closer to careers that align with their values, strengths and purpose. We focus on the BIPOC community because of our unique challenges, histories of oppression, and lack of free resources tailored to our needs.”
Here are some of the topics she covers with her guests on The Early Career Moves Podcast.
- Deep dives into obscure career industries & functions (ex: what is venture capital?)
- Navigating being “the only one” in the room
- Owning your career growth and professional development at work
- Preparing for graduate school application process
- Mental health and finding “balance”
- Balancing parental/societal expectations (ex: being child of immigrants)
- Finding sponsors, growth opportunities, mentors at work
- Preparing for longer/traditional paths in academia, medicine, law, and engineering
- Evaluating your strengths and values and use them for career exploration
- And much more!
Why we’re sponsoring this incredible resource
We’re sponsoring this podcast because often, the brilliant folks Priscilla highlights in her show made the decision to improve their careers by going to graduate school. Their stories might one day be your story. If going to graduate school is the next big step you take, we would love to help you!
Check out the podcast!
Go to The Early Career Moves Podcast website and sign up for their newsletter so you don’t miss a single episode. Keep an ear out for a special offer from The Art of Applying® for listeners of the podcast, too!