Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship (ELI) As part of a series on fellowships available to HKS-ers we’ve compiled all of the information for the Emirates Fellowship at HKS into one convenient place (just for you!). (Note: We are not affiliated with Harvard in any way, and make sure to double check any of the information posted here. Sometimes things change, don’t make use your only source!) At a time when the world is more connected than ever and engagement is increasingly crucial, the Emirates Leadership Initiative (ELI) Graduate Fellowship provides the critical framework for preparing our next generation of leaders. The Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship not only allows Harvard to bring some of the most talented and ambitious future leaders from the Middle East to the U.S. to study, but it also enables students from the U.S. and other parts of the world to deepen their own understanding of the region and to learn from some of its leaders first-hand. The Fellowship is a program of the Emirates Leadership Initiative, a research and curricular collaboration between the Center for Public Leadership (CPL) and the Middle East Initiative (MEI) at HKS, and the government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
How to ApplyStep 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is December 1, 2015. Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship: Application deadline for the Emirates Fellowship is February 25, 2016. To apply for the ELI Fellowship please visit the Student Financial Services web site. The application for the Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship will be made available by the Harvard Kennedy School financial aid office during the month of December. Prospective students who have applied to the Harvard Kennedy School will receive an email about how to apply for financial aid and can then locate the fellowship application. Students will not have heard back about their HKS Admissions decision before the February deadline to apply for the Fellowship.
You must submit below:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae, not to exceed 2 pages in length.
- A document containing written responses to the following two prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about and its personal significance (1,000 words or less).
- Please discuss your interest in the Emirates Leadership Initiative fellowship and how your commitment to public service and leadership in the Middle East has motivated you to apply (1000 words or less).
- Two letters of recommendation specifically supporting your candidacy for the Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship. The letters must be in PDF form, signed by the referrer and on letterhead indicating the referrer’s institution/organization. Recommendation letters must be received by the deadline date for the application to be considered.