Application Intervention® spots are limited.
Hellooo, hopeful applicant! I have availability to conduct a limited number of high-impact live editing and coaching sessions, and I’d love to take your application from “uh oh…” to “ohhh yeah” through an offering that I have named (and trademarked!) Application Intervention®.
I invite you to put my decade-plus experience live editing thousands of essays, resumes, and letters of recommendation to work for your applications.
My team and I have helped over a thousand paying clients get admitted to the world’s top business, public policy, law, education, and social work programs — with millions upon millions of dollars of scholarships to pay for it.
The Application Intervention® is an intensive 1-on-1 live coaching and editing session for applicants to top graduate schools who want to get the equivalent of weeks of revisions done in just 45-90 minutes.
Yes, I’m that good.
Bring your materials to me to have them whipped into shape so that your application materials transform your mistakes into your message, and make your story your stage. Let’s work together to make the admissions committee not just take you seriously but fall head over heels in love with you.
Who this is for:
The Application Intervention® is for you if you identify with one or more of the below statements.
- You are applying to a top business, public policy, law school, and more and want one powerful session with me that will polish a near-finished application and get it ready for submission.
- You have your sights set on a #1 dream school and want to make sure you put 100% of your effort, energy, and resources into submitting the best application as possible to that school.
- You want to use the changes I make to your application materials to create a model application that can serve as an example for crafting all of your other applications.
- You have drafts of most of your essays and want to receive a thorough expert review and candid feedback on a set of essays for 1-2 schools.
- Your materials are nearly finished but seem to lack that special “pick this person” factor.
Sample Agenda for a 90-minute Session:
- 20 minutes | Resume Revamp:
We will review your resume line by line to make sure that it looks great (meaning that it’s easy to read and not an eyesore for the AdCom members), it sounds great (we’ll get rid of confusing jargon, boring phrases, and meaningless text) and your accomplishments are memorable, understandable, and impressive (we’ll use high-impact phrases and lots of numbers to make you look like the rockstar leader and doer you are).
- 30 minutes | Intensive Essay Editing:
We will go through every single essay for your #1 application and read it together word for word (be prepared: I have an intoxicatingly lovely reading voice). I will review it for spelling, grammar, clarity, and word choice. I will also give you guidance on improving the structure and flow of your essays. If you have any drafts that remain to be completed, I will give you question prompts to help kickstart your writing of your essays.
- 10 minutes | Recommender Strategy:
You know you’re awesome but the AdCom wants other people to say so too. I’ll help you choose the right recommenders, how to prepare them to write an effective letter for you, and help you strategize for thorny issues like a recommender that wants you to write your own letter or a recommender who is dragging his/her feet on turning in your letter.
- 15 minutes | Fellowship Game Plan:
Every $10,000 worth of student loan debt you can avoid taking on will mean ~$100 less every single month you’ll pay in student loan payments for the next ten years. I’ve helped my clients earn over $12 million in fellowships from top graduate programs. I’ll help you identify the scholarships and fellowships you are eligible for and we’ll discuss how to position you to be competitive for these fellowships. Note: I don’t guarantee that I’ll be able to recommend a scholarship or fellowship for you to apply to, but I’ll do my best!
- 15 minutes | Q&A and Action List:
I’ll answer your burning questions about applying, interviewing, campus visits, life on campus, connecting with alumni, whatever you want to know. We’ll also make sure you leave the session with a clear action list of what to do after our session to make sure your application is completely ready to be wrapped up with a big red ribbon and sent off to the school of your dreams.
About Your Application Interventionist
Your Application Intervention® will be with me, Kaneisha Grayson, the founder of The Art of Applying®. I look forward to working together!
Some highlights about me:
- accepted to Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School while a senior in college
- accepted to Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School with a 620 GMAT score and 3.5 GPA
- selected as a George Leadership Fellow through the Center for Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School
- selected as a Women and Public Policy Program “From Harvard Square to the Oval Office” program participant
- hired several times (while still a student!) by Harvard Business School to teach my networking skills to my classmates
- served as the Career Rep for the HBS African American Student Union
- served as the Opinions editor for the HKS African American Journal of Public Policy
- served as the dating advice columnist for the HBS student newspaper the Harbus
- received a $10,000 entrepreneurship grant from Harvard Business School to start this company
- graduated from Harvard Business School with Second-Year Honors (top 20% of students)
- started The Art of Applying® while a student at Harvard
- grew The Art of Applying® to a million-dollar company in seven years after my Harvard graduation without investors (growing a company without investors is called bootstrapping)
- paid off $150,000+ in graduate student loans in seven years after my Harvard graduation as a full-time entrepreneur
- have spoken 1:1 with 1000+ applicants about their applications
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this for?
Application Intervention® is for people who can receive candid but kind feedback on their application materials, and are action-takers in the face of feedback. I will be making direct edits to and leaving lots of comments on your materials. Sometimes, I will even be working on editing the second half of an essay while you rewrite the first half based on my edits and comments.
What can I do during an Application Intervention®?
You can ask me questions about any part of your application (including questions about scholarships). You can have me edit essays, resumes, and/or letters of recommendation. You can mix and match materials for various schools.
How can I make the most of the session?
Once you purchase it and receive your client folder, upload your resume and all your essays so that you aren’t fumbling around during the session looking for them. Upload more content than you think we’ll be able to get to, so that in the case we have extra time, you don’t have to go digging for your application materials. Type up your list of questions for me so you don’t have to think of things off the top of your head. That’s it!
Can I book more than one Application Intervention®?
As long as there are still spots on my calendar, you can book an Application Intervention®. If none of the listed times work for you, message my team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can manually find a time that works for both of us.
If I’m too busy to have a live call with you, can I just send in my materials to be edited by Kaneisha?
No, this is a live deal only. If you are unable to have a live call, this offer is not a fit for you.
Can I split up the 45-minute or the 90-minute session into two sessions?
I don’t do sessions that are shorter than 45 minutes. You cannot purchase the 90-minute session and split it up into two shorter 45-minute sessions.
What is the reschedule policy?
Your Application Intervention® must be rescheduled with at least 24 hours notice and rescheduled to one of the slots on my calendar.
If you reschedule with less than 24 hours notice, you will need to pay a $100 reschedule fee.
You have until May 1, 2022 to use your purchased Application Intervention®.
What is the guarantee?
There is no guarantee. I don’t guarantee you’ll get into any particular school or receive any particular fellowship.
What is the refund policy?
We do not offer refunds for the Application Intervention®.
How to have an Application Intervention® with me:
Step 1: Get scheduled
Note: If you don’t see any spots that work for you, email email@example.com with some days and times (include time zone) that work for you, and we will happily get you scheduled.
Step 2: Get signed up
By making this purchase, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service of The Art of Applying®.
Step 3: Get onboarded
Once you pay for your package, our team will send you a detailed client intake form, and create a client folder for you.
Step 4: Get prepared
Upload all the materials you want to work on during our Application Intervention® to your client folder and post all your questions in your client folder so we can have them handy during the session.
Step 5: Get your mind blown
Have your Application Intervention® with me. The session will be productive, fun, and confidence-boosting.
Step 6: Get your shine on
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me and the team know all your good news!
What if I have more questions?
What if I have more questions?
Email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to answer additional questions you have.